And as an organisation, we take an active approach to clearly understand, monitor and improve the impact we have on communities and the environment.
Datamars is committed to ensuring our environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices deliver a measurable difference for our shareholders, our people, our sectors, our communities and our planet.
Our ESG (environmental, social and governance) action plan is aligned to global recommendations from the United Nations goals and Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). These standards help Datamars to maximise our positive impact on the environment and society, minimise negative impacts associated with climate change and guide our company reporting to ensure the impacts we have are visible to the market.
Our ESG strategy
We take an active and continuous improvement approach to ESG matters as a strategic imperative. Our ESG strategy helps us raise the attention and awareness of the importance of ESG related matters, ensure related compliance and drive broader improvement through the following focus areas;
- Our commitment to achieve ISO14001 Environmental Management System certification in all major locations across the group
- Understanding the impact of our operations on climate change and taking steps to improve
- Creating ways to evaluate the positive impact of our activities on the environment and society and to further improve
- Being a responsible citizen and translating that into policies and guidelines for our people.
Our ESG objectives are to:
- Maximise the positive impact our business has in our sectors, including creating sustainable production, commercial success and improving quality of life
- Avoid or minimise material negative impacts, including impacts associated with climate change
- Help realise social and environmental benefits including diversity and inclusion and the advancement of vulnerable populations.
Some of the ways Datamars achieves its ESG objectives are:
Our animal management and health services help ensure the sustainability of animal-based food protein production systems to meet the needs of a growing world population and help producers be productive and maintain their lifestyle.
We are working to understand the impact of our operations on climate change and taking steps to improve, with specific focus on greenhouse gas emissions, water, energy and waste.
We are implementing ISO14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) in all major locations.
We recognize the importance of the communities we are a part of. We actively support local community health, particularly in areas where there are vulnerable populations.
We are active members of collaborative industry groups, such as the IEAT in Thailand where we dedicate time working within and alongside local communities.
We work closely with local governments within developing countries to improve livestock-based food production in low income communities.
We help developing societies, where health and livelihoods are so crucially interlinked, stay protected from disease.